Skip to main content

Bath Benefits

Firstly why is taking a bath so beneficial to us? Whilst a shower can be easier and less time consuming. A bath offers whole host of benefits that prove both mentally, physically and emotionally important in the task of a soak in the tub.
As if you needed any more excuse to take some time out or some much needed "me time". Bear in mind that the ideal temperature of a healing bath is warm, not overly hot (yes I am guilty of this one). Make sure you drink a glass of water prior to and after taking your bath to stay hydrated.

What are the benefits?

  • The steam inhalation can help clear your sinuses, which will help you breath easier and boost your immune system.
  • The warmth of a bath soak causes your inner body temperatue to increase. Which in turn is followed by a rapid cool down after your bath soak. This transition period induces relaxation and aids a good nights sleep. You could also try adding some essential oils to your bath water to help increase the relaxation?
  • Soaking in a bath naturally reduces your stress levels and therefore triggers the production of endorphins that will naturally leave you feeling calmer and happier. Who doesnt want bags fulls of that?!
  • Warm water helps open up pores and therefore will help to detoxify your body and skin.
  • Research has shown that soaking in a bath has similar benefits to exercise. It helps increase circulation, lowering blood pressure and reduces chronic inflammation.
  • Adding Epsom salts to your bath water will boost magnesium levels and soothes and softens your skin. It will also help relieve sore, tired aching muscles. Wheres that tub of Epsom salts now? 
Of course all this is only worthy, if you set the right time aside, create the right atmosphere and love yourself enough to allow the time to enjoy these wonderful mind, body and soul benefits. 
I for one, am guilty as charged for not always setting myself some time aside. Instead its a mad dash in and out of the bath. I am working on learning to love me....knowing all these wonderful benefits will certainly set me up in the right direction when I have a full day in the workshop, a nice warm bath is actually just what I need after a hard day. You never know, I might even add one or two of my artisan bath bombs or a sprinkle of some of salt potions to my tub??
How about you? Are you willing to make the change?
As always I love to read your comments and feedback. Please remember to share and tag away this blog with your friends and family and comment with your feedback.

Till next time
Love & Sparkles
Caroline X
Beauty Geek
www.ssemporium.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake Tanning: Manual V Spray

Firstly, just to clarify the differences between the two types of fake tanning. Manual tanning is applied directly onto and into the skin that has been prepared usually in a cream or lotion format and then is allowed to develop.Spray tan is applied using a compressor type air gun and is applied in a very fine mist in a liquid format and sits onto the skin until it soaks in and then develops. Manual tanning has made a big come from in recent times. Whilst previously it was all about spray tanning treatments for numerous reasons: quickness of the treatment, even application and less product generally used. But with clients wanting  to come to the salon, or treatment area and enjoy a full treatment that involves them giving up an hour or so of their time. This has really helped the manual tan application see a big come back hit! From my experience of learning many moons ago the application of manual tanning before spray tan was even out there....I know myself, I wasn't too kee

Caroline Beauty Geeks Carpet Freshener Home Hack

Welcome onboard to any new followers of my blog posts. Admittedly, I haven't written for sometime now, I have really missed it. Life, has sadly just taken over. Or I've just not been in writing mode. Some of you reading this will already know, I am a product developer, formulator and total beauty geek who loves anything that sparkles! I have my own well-being, body range, hair care and home fragrance brand. My background is Beauty Therapy which helps enormously with my product creations. I have spent many years using lots of brands within the beauty industry. I trained full-time at college in Suffolk and worked for numerous years (I wont share how many years for or how long ago, because Id have to admit to being old). I loved my hands on beauty work. I went on to manage several salons, spas and then went on to open and develop my own accredited training academy. Today, you'll find me in my purpose built log cabin amongst the trees and nature working my creative magic, desig

6 Shocking Soy Wax Candle Benefits

Candles for me mean so much more than a light source. I love nothing more than a snuggle on the sofa, candle light to create that cozy ambience. It creates calm, lovely soft lighting alongside wonderful fragrances that can take you right back to that special time or place. They can mean romance, they can mean sorrow and joy. I light a candle in remembrance to my loved ones. We light candles to celebrate birthdays and special occasions by placing them on top of the cake. The burning question I often get asked why I chose soy wax for my artisan candles? I get comments that soy is more expensive than say cheaper options such as paraffin wax for example? Well, the simple answer is if you dig a little deeper you will see that the savings come at a higher cost in the end. In simple terms, soy wax is better. Better for the environment, better for the home, better for our families and it creates a better perfomring product in my opinion. Which is so important for me when I am creatin