Skip to main content

Glittering fairy Dust!


Happy mid-week to you all. I am sorry I havent written for a while. Life just does this to us sometimes. I have been side tracked with launching a new business venture. In the form of a hair and beauty training academy. If you get a minute check us out on facebook Stepping Stones Training Academy and twitter @sstacademy.
So I dont know about you, but I have put the heating on the last couple of evenings to take the chill off in the air. We have been lucky with the September weather though...but then Summer did come late. Because Summer seems like its a distant memory. I felt the need today to put a bit of sparkle back into life.

Today I would like to give you all a little insight into the world of me...if you dont know me already, that is? I am your typical girlie girlie. Like a magpie, my hubby says. All that glitters and shimmers and am there.
Just because I think with blogs, its important to go with what is easy to get hold of as a general shopper. I have decided to go for a really reasonably priced product today. But gives the most amazing results and is multi-skilled. Lets face it, we love a multi-skilled product that is cheap??

RRP £4.95
 
 
So here it is.......Sienna X Glam product shimmer spray in Gold / Silver.
 
Why I love this product ( apart from its sparkles ).
  1. Its so reasonably priced so affordable to use for multi purposes
  2. It looks lovely in the packaging
  3. Its in an areosal can so you can direct it easily to where you want to spray without it going everywhere!
  4. It smells like sweeties...delicious
  5. It comes in a choice of colour glitters
  6. It has soooo many amazing uses that I am of course going to share with you now.
  7. Its paraben and cruelty free
Firstly, just to make this very clear as I get asked this a lot whilst training and in salon. This product doesnt contain any tan developing product. It is a glamour product ONLY and therefore it makes it so much easier for you to use or sell onto your customers.
 
Ok, so now I have that off my chest. This is the fun bit now, where I am in my element.
So for those of you that are professional spray tanners and use the wonderful design of a stand up pop up cubicle.
The first way I use this shimmer spray is I like to not only jazz up the cubicle and make it look more inviting to my customers. But I want to make a dark space that can sometimes look un-inviting, look more fun and appealing. So I use either gold or silver spray, whatever mood I am in. I spray it over my towel that lies at the bottom of my cubicle and around the sides of my spray tent. It smells wonderful, and it looks shimmery and sparkling!
As this product is designed as a glamour product to finish off your gorgeous tanned look. Easiest ways to use this I find, is to spray up slightly into the air and walk into the spray. Spray at least 15cm away from the area you wish to cover, in order to give you an lovely even application and not condensed in one area.
Areas this looks really good?
  • In the hair, darker hair colour shows this off better I have found
  • Over clothing, it does just wash out
  • Across shoulders or decollage to give contouring effects
  • Contouring with this product is a great and fun way of changing a look immediately:
  • TRY: Down the centre of legs or either sides to make them look thinner...this looks extra special with Sienna X instant bronzer applied first  ( see seperate blog).
  • Cheek bones to slim down face or down the arms
  • Use this on wet topcoat holding 10cm away on the nails and it will give you the same effect as a sparkle top coat.
  • With eyes closed get someone else to spray down onto natural lashes once mascara and eye make up is complete to give a real party look. Or over strip lashes and individual lash enhancements.
  • Same way as above you can change a lipgloss or lipstick by lightly spraying over finshed look approx 10-15cm away.

There you have it.... No excuse now to feel drab and boring and never let it be said that "Cinders shall not go to the ball!" You cant keep her away now!
 
From your #1 fairy Princess : ) 
 



 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake Tanning: Manual V Spray

Firstly, just to clarify the differences between the two types of fake tanning. Manual tanning is applied directly onto and into the skin that has been prepared usually in a cream or lotion format and then is allowed to develop.Spray tan is applied using a compressor type air gun and is applied in a very fine mist in a liquid format and sits onto the skin until it soaks in and then develops. Manual tanning has made a big come from in recent times. Whilst previously it was all about spray tanning treatments for numerous reasons: quickness of the treatment, even application and less product generally used. But with clients wanting  to come to the salon, or treatment area and enjoy a full treatment that involves them giving up an hour or so of their time. This has really helped the manual tan application see a big come back hit! From my experience of learning many moons ago the application of manual tanning before spray tan was even out there....I know myself, I wasn't too kee

6 Shocking Soy Wax Candle Benefits

Candles for me mean so much more than a light source. I love nothing more than a snuggle on the sofa, candle light to create that cozy ambience. It creates calm, lovely soft lighting alongside wonderful fragrances that can take you right back to that special time or place. They can mean romance, they can mean sorrow and joy. I light a candle in remembrance to my loved ones. We light candles to celebrate birthdays and special occasions by placing them on top of the cake. The burning question I often get asked why I chose soy wax for my artisan candles? I get comments that soy is more expensive than say cheaper options such as paraffin wax for example? Well, the simple answer is if you dig a little deeper you will see that the savings come at a higher cost in the end. In simple terms, soy wax is better. Better for the environment, better for the home, better for our families and it creates a better perfomring product in my opinion. Which is so important for me when I am creatin

Failing to prepare, is to preparing to fail: GCSE VTCT Ten Recommendations

I wanted to put together a guidance list of the ten points that I have learnt along my journey teaching this GCSE qualification in order to help support, guide and assist anyone who is about to start teaching this qualification, considering teaching it, or is currently teaching it and needing some additional guidance from someone who has hands on experience. These are my own personal points and by no means set in stone. So please use them as they were intended to be, as a help list. PREPARE: Now I know this might sound a bit of an obvious point as teachers and educators we are always having to think two steps ahead. But by this I mean have your unit scenarios printed for each learner. Have spaces up on your displays so they can collect them if they have lost theirs (students do love to forget things). Have grade descriptors for the unit printed and if they have them glue them into their books so you can mark as you go along and the students know instantly what grade they are