Skip to main content

Eye Candy

So as the nights are drawing in and the Summer we never seemed to get this year, seems a distant memory. I am preparing myself for the festivities. I love Halloween, Bonfire night and then of course, Christmas. Any excuse to get the house dressed up and get friends and family around.

This new discovery of mine, is another reason why I love Christmas and the party season. Its the one time of year that my family traditionally got dressed up when I was little. I love getting the glad rags on and deciding on hairstyles, make up and all the trimmings that comes with going out.

As a make up artist, I know that eyeliners and application of lashes can be a hard task to achieve on your own. Looking into a mirror whilst training to adhere a foreign body to your lashes can be quite  a task!
Now my favourite look thats in right now is the vintage, victory rolls and red lips and heavy brows and lashes. Thats why i had to share this discovery with you.
 
If like me, you get watery eyes and find especially in the winter when wind and rain can play havoc with your eye make up. Then these Miss Flicklashes are for you. An eye lash extension, with built in eyeliner and flicks.

 Lashes come in various lengths, thicknesses and colours of the eye flick itself. I chose to try a heavier lash with black glitter liner to go with my favoured vintage look. The pack of lashes is the same as your traditional lashes in that it comes with adhesive and step by step instuctions on how to apply. They can be trimmed at the inner corner should you need to trim them more to your eye size. They can be re-used in the same way as well.
 
Such a great idea that helps those of us who feel alittle nervous about trying to apply liquid or pencil liner to the top lash in fear of getting it wrong or indeed getting it everywhere except where its needed! Priced at just £9.99 these really arent going to break the bank and can be used for several occasions over the coming months.
 

How to Apply Flicklashes

 Using tweezers hold the lashes and apply adhesive and leave for approx 30seconds whilst the glue changes from white in appearance to clear. Line up with your lash line and adhere. Press firmly and watch your eyes transform. They feel light weight but give an instant glamourous feel. Heres mine after a quick application because I just couldnt wait to put them on!
 

Removal is easy too.....

To remove Miss Flicklashes gently peel from inner corner away from eye. I found using tweezers to do this was alittle easier. Any excess adhesive on your eyes should peel off nice and easily, if not once you have used make up remover this will come off. Any excess left on the lash extension, just needs to be peeled away. The lashes can then be stored away in the box they came in with lid safely on. Ready to be re-used on the next glamorous event or occasion.
 
I am sure you will agree they look amazing? I know my clients will go mad for these in salon during Christmas. They would make a great stocking filler and really can be aimed at amateurs and experts as instructions are very easy to follow.
Happy fluttering!
 
Please feel free to leave a comment or follow me on Twitter @cazababe75 or on my training page @sstacademy. Or look me up on Facebook Carolinekingnmb
 
Thanks for reading Caroline King beauty Geek : )
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake Tanning: Manual V Spray

Firstly, just to clarify the differences between the two types of fake tanning. Manual tanning is applied directly onto and into the skin that has been prepared usually in a cream or lotion format and then is allowed to develop.Spray tan is applied using a compressor type air gun and is applied in a very fine mist in a liquid format and sits onto the skin until it soaks in and then develops. Manual tanning has made a big come from in recent times. Whilst previously it was all about spray tanning treatments for numerous reasons: quickness of the treatment, even application and less product generally used. But with clients wanting  to come to the salon, or treatment area and enjoy a full treatment that involves them giving up an hour or so of their time. This has really helped the manual tan application see a big come back hit! From my experience of learning many moons ago the application of manual tanning before spray tan was even out there....I know myself, I wasn't too kee

6 Shocking Soy Wax Candle Benefits

Candles for me mean so much more than a light source. I love nothing more than a snuggle on the sofa, candle light to create that cozy ambience. It creates calm, lovely soft lighting alongside wonderful fragrances that can take you right back to that special time or place. They can mean romance, they can mean sorrow and joy. I light a candle in remembrance to my loved ones. We light candles to celebrate birthdays and special occasions by placing them on top of the cake. The burning question I often get asked why I chose soy wax for my artisan candles? I get comments that soy is more expensive than say cheaper options such as paraffin wax for example? Well, the simple answer is if you dig a little deeper you will see that the savings come at a higher cost in the end. In simple terms, soy wax is better. Better for the environment, better for the home, better for our families and it creates a better perfomring product in my opinion. Which is so important for me when I am creatin

Failing to prepare, is to preparing to fail: GCSE VTCT Ten Recommendations

I wanted to put together a guidance list of the ten points that I have learnt along my journey teaching this GCSE qualification in order to help support, guide and assist anyone who is about to start teaching this qualification, considering teaching it, or is currently teaching it and needing some additional guidance from someone who has hands on experience. These are my own personal points and by no means set in stone. So please use them as they were intended to be, as a help list. PREPARE: Now I know this might sound a bit of an obvious point as teachers and educators we are always having to think two steps ahead. But by this I mean have your unit scenarios printed for each learner. Have spaces up on your displays so they can collect them if they have lost theirs (students do love to forget things). Have grade descriptors for the unit printed and if they have them glue them into their books so you can mark as you go along and the students know instantly what grade they are