Skip to main content

Designer Brows

Today I decided it was time I told you about my latest discovery. Even if  you are not from the beauty industry its not hard to see how eyes have become BIG news. Lashes and brows are big business at the moment. from strip lashes, clusters, to individual lashes. Brows have gone from shaping to threading to brow make up and powders. Then HD Brows bringing us more precise looking brows with definition and bold shapes. Brows have been flooded into the limelight thanks to high profile celebrities and fashion shows.
But who really wants to sit day in, day out penciling in their brows or using stencils and brow powders? Semi-permanent make up really is being brought to the forefront, I believe is the way make up is now heading.

For many years now I have wanted to take on semi-permanent tattooing. Thinking this would be wonderful to wake up with brows that have instant impact and eyeliner that never smudges or fades to leave you with the "panda" eye look. What put me off was the initial outlay of the machines and tools etc. not to mention the cost of taking on the training to gain the qualification.
I split my working week between beauty teaching and working in the salon on my regular clients. So for a maximum working week in salon I only work three days now. So that was another reason why I just couldn't justify buying a tattooing machine that in reality just wasn't going to be used enough to warrant a massive outlay.
A couple of years ago I invested in a brow stencil kit to retail to my clients that incorporated brow powders, and stencils. These did go down very well in salon, although some clients did worry that they could do the treatment I demonstrated on themselves at home on a daily basis?
So that then got me thinking about tattooing again. I am lucky enough to have a very loyal client base that trust in new treatments and products I invest in the salon. Anyone that knows me well enough, knows I am a brow person....I truly believe brows can open the eyes up and frame the face.

SofTap method:


SofTap hand tool semi-permanent tattooing is a method that is quick and clean. It gives shape correction, definition and style to the brows on a semi-permanent basis. using one of the best quality make up pigments the industry offers.
Clients loves this type of application as pain factor is very manageable. There are no noisy tools or machines that can cause concern and worry with your clients. The handheld tool is fully disposable and packaged separately for each client. No loud buzzing noise form the machine. The hand held unit uses clusters of needles that implant make up pigments into the dermal layer of the skin. The make up pigments come in a range of colours to suit the clients skin tone are totally natural and have been tested to meet EU regulations.

Because of the one unit, for one client, you can relax knowing you have eliminated cross contamination. The make up pigments used are hypoallergenic. The hand held unit allows precise application that is safe, gentle and less painful, meaning the client is more at ease plus the treatment cost is very reasonable and cost effective. A happy client, makes for a happy therapist! 
From my experience working on clients, they describe the sensation as being far less painful then tweezering the brows! You really can sit back and relax whilst having semi-permanent tattooing done.

Whats involved in the treatment?

The full procedure involves a full consultation, this will include a treatment consultation which includes a pigment patch test. Although as these pigments used are natural and are make up pigments. Risk of allergies is very minimal. We will discuss your brow shape with you and a shape that will be most flattering for your face shape. This method is fantastic for areas where hair no longer grows and can give beautiful, precise shaping to the brows. The treatment then takes no longer than two hours including discussion of final shaping and the make up colour pigments used. You will then leave the salon with a full aftercare plan and cream to apply. 

The top up treatment should then be booked in for 4-6 weeks, remembering that 30% of the colour pigment can be lost in the healing process. This top up application should be just a case of checking the healing of the treatment area and topping up on any colour pigment required and finalizing the brow shape. Because the use of the hand held method is so much more gentle on the skin, the healing process is very quick and far less traumatic on the skin.
Once the top up treatment has been complete. You will have your beautiful brows with colour and shape for up to a year providing you adhere to the aftercare plan. All you will need to do is keep the shape through tweezering and waxing if required. No more brows pencils or tints required. Just wonderfully defined, beautiful brows.

A Selection of my Brow Treatment Profile: before & afters:






I really haven't looked back after having my beautiful brows done, I absolutely love them! These pictures were taken literally before and after the treatments were performed. So you can see how the trauma to the skin is very minimal and redness is limited and depends very much on how the individual reacts.
I can see that my life is soon to be taken over by brows! I cant stop looking at everyone's brows and thinking how wonderful they would look with semi-permanent pigment on them.To book in or find out more take a look at my treatment website www.elysiumheavenlytreatments.co.uk
I look forward to opening your eyes very soon.

Love and sparkle Caroline xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake Tanning: Manual V Spray

Firstly, just to clarify the differences between the two types of fake tanning. Manual tanning is applied directly onto and into the skin that has been prepared usually in a cream or lotion format and then is allowed to develop.Spray tan is applied using a compressor type air gun and is applied in a very fine mist in a liquid format and sits onto the skin until it soaks in and then develops. Manual tanning has made a big come from in recent times. Whilst previously it was all about spray tanning treatments for numerous reasons: quickness of the treatment, even application and less product generally used. But with clients wanting  to come to the salon, or treatment area and enjoy a full treatment that involves them giving up an hour or so of their time. This has really helped the manual tan application see a big come back hit! From my experience of learning many moons ago the application of manual tanning before spray tan was even out there....I know myself, I wasn't too kee

6 Shocking Soy Wax Candle Benefits

Candles for me mean so much more than a light source. I love nothing more than a snuggle on the sofa, candle light to create that cozy ambience. It creates calm, lovely soft lighting alongside wonderful fragrances that can take you right back to that special time or place. They can mean romance, they can mean sorrow and joy. I light a candle in remembrance to my loved ones. We light candles to celebrate birthdays and special occasions by placing them on top of the cake. The burning question I often get asked why I chose soy wax for my artisan candles? I get comments that soy is more expensive than say cheaper options such as paraffin wax for example? Well, the simple answer is if you dig a little deeper you will see that the savings come at a higher cost in the end. In simple terms, soy wax is better. Better for the environment, better for the home, better for our families and it creates a better perfomring product in my opinion. Which is so important for me when I am creatin

Failing to prepare, is to preparing to fail: GCSE VTCT Ten Recommendations

I wanted to put together a guidance list of the ten points that I have learnt along my journey teaching this GCSE qualification in order to help support, guide and assist anyone who is about to start teaching this qualification, considering teaching it, or is currently teaching it and needing some additional guidance from someone who has hands on experience. These are my own personal points and by no means set in stone. So please use them as they were intended to be, as a help list. PREPARE: Now I know this might sound a bit of an obvious point as teachers and educators we are always having to think two steps ahead. But by this I mean have your unit scenarios printed for each learner. Have spaces up on your displays so they can collect them if they have lost theirs (students do love to forget things). Have grade descriptors for the unit printed and if they have them glue them into their books so you can mark as you go along and the students know instantly what grade they are