Skip to main content

How to Prepare for the Perfect Tanning Party

I decided today as the sun has got his hat on, it was an appropriate time to talk you all through how I prepare for my tanning parties. This is something I get asked a lot about during my tanning training sessions.
Firstly decide how much you will charge per tan. Will it be slightly cheaper than your regular tans, as you will only be driving to one location, with a higher potential earning.

What will be you minimum amount in a party? What will be your maximum? My minimum is four, and my maximum would probably be ten. But that's with experience behind me, so don't put yourself under extra pressure. Six is a good amount to begin with.

Hostess Pack 

Have a pack put together with the following items included. This is sent out to the hostess or hand delivered if possible. This will then enable you to see where you will be setting up on the night.
Ideas for the pack:
Introduction cover letter.
Explaining how the night will proceed, the times you will need to arrive to give you time to set up your areas. The time you will begin and the finish time. These are very important, otherwise you will be standing around till midnight! 
Consultation cards;
It's good if you can to hand these out to the hostess to give to her guests prior to the night. Ask them to fill them in and explain you will come back to her house to collect them a few days prior to the tanning party. That way, it will give you time to read through them in detail, have an idea of tanning solutions needed on the night and look over any potential contra-indications. 
I always like to call all the guests and introduce myself before the party night. This also gives them the opportunity to ask you any questions about the night in private.
Party invites:

Some tanning companies will have their own tan party invites which makes life easy for you. If not, why not have your own designed with your company logo etc on the front? This invite should have hostess name, guest that is invited, time of party, finishing time, RSVP date by, and what to do prior to having a spray tan and what is expected to do after having the tan.
Product sample: (see my YouTube video of my sample kits I have put together)
It is a nice idea to include a sachet of any of the products you will be selling on the night, so that the hostess gets to try and hopefully will spread the word to her guests how lovely it felt etc.
Order forms:
Have an order form of products that guests can purchase from you with prices listed also. Explain that orders will be taken on the night and then ordered after the party with delivery expected within 7 days to the hostess. Who will then hand them out to her party guests for you.Orders need to be paid for ideally via cash or cheque, make sure all cheques have cleared before you order the products. If you have card facilities, this is even better for you.
Party booking forms:
Have a leaflet of an enquiry form that guests can fill in on the night if they wish to book a tanning party also. Having some form of booking incentive is always good, plus a free gift for the hostess or a discount off the hostess treatment works very well too.
My hostess gift is Glamour glitter body spray from Sienna X as its affordable to buy in. Who doesn't want a bit of sparkle in their life? Or at least know someone that does anyway?
Business cards:
I would have a few of mine inside the hostess pack so she can hand them out for you. Plus I take some as well on the night.

On arrival...

I would begin by introducing myself and explaining what the night will involve. Ask all the guests to get themselves changed into a disposable kimono, with all prep such as deodorant and make up removed ( see my other blog on handy disposables).
You will then call them into your tanning area one by one in order of which percentage of tan you will be using. Lowest first building up to anyone having a higher percentage.

All the aftercare etc can be explained to the party as a group, plus you can give them a question and answer leaflet that should cover most things they may wish to ask.
If time allows you, you could also go over retail products or I would have some retail samples that they can have a try of whilst they are waiting to be tanned.

Fun.Fun.Fun!

You can make it as fun as you want adding in some party games or a quiz to see who has been listening to aftercare. Quickest one to shout out the answer wins a sachet of tan etc....
Most importantly, have fun doing it and create an atmosphere that they will want to be part of again. Before you know it, you will have a regular slot of tanning parties.
I hope you have found this useful? As always leave me your comments and check out my YouTube videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYa1WfuekBHq1Ydl5SXiKQ
Till next time...
Love & sparkle
Caroline X


Comments

  1. Fantastic read brilliant ideas thanks Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thank you for your comment. I m pleased you found it useful :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake Tanning: Manual V Spray

Firstly, just to clarify the differences between the two types of fake tanning. Manual tanning is applied directly onto and into the skin that has been prepared usually in a cream or lotion format and then is allowed to develop.Spray tan is applied using a compressor type air gun and is applied in a very fine mist in a liquid format and sits onto the skin until it soaks in and then develops. Manual tanning has made a big come from in recent times. Whilst previously it was all about spray tanning treatments for numerous reasons: quickness of the treatment, even application and less product generally used. But with clients wanting  to come to the salon, or treatment area and enjoy a full treatment that involves them giving up an hour or so of their time. This has really helped the manual tan application see a big come back hit! From my experience of learning many moons ago the application of manual tanning before spray tan was even out there....I know myself, I wasn't too kee

6 Shocking Soy Wax Candle Benefits

Candles for me mean so much more than a light source. I love nothing more than a snuggle on the sofa, candle light to create that cozy ambience. It creates calm, lovely soft lighting alongside wonderful fragrances that can take you right back to that special time or place. They can mean romance, they can mean sorrow and joy. I light a candle in remembrance to my loved ones. We light candles to celebrate birthdays and special occasions by placing them on top of the cake. The burning question I often get asked why I chose soy wax for my artisan candles? I get comments that soy is more expensive than say cheaper options such as paraffin wax for example? Well, the simple answer is if you dig a little deeper you will see that the savings come at a higher cost in the end. In simple terms, soy wax is better. Better for the environment, better for the home, better for our families and it creates a better perfomring product in my opinion. Which is so important for me when I am creatin

Failing to prepare, is to preparing to fail: GCSE VTCT Ten Recommendations

I wanted to put together a guidance list of the ten points that I have learnt along my journey teaching this GCSE qualification in order to help support, guide and assist anyone who is about to start teaching this qualification, considering teaching it, or is currently teaching it and needing some additional guidance from someone who has hands on experience. These are my own personal points and by no means set in stone. So please use them as they were intended to be, as a help list. PREPARE: Now I know this might sound a bit of an obvious point as teachers and educators we are always having to think two steps ahead. But by this I mean have your unit scenarios printed for each learner. Have spaces up on your displays so they can collect them if they have lost theirs (students do love to forget things). Have grade descriptors for the unit printed and if they have them glue them into their books so you can mark as you go along and the students know instantly what grade they are